I feel unfulfilled in my job, but it’s not a good time for me to leave.
· Start to make a list of things that if you had them in your job would make you feel more fulfilled, this might be more customer contact, taking on a new project etc.
· Depending on your relationship with your boss you might want to sit down and talk about how you are feeling.
· Start to look for opportunities where you might be able to better use you skills within the organisation you work, for instance is there a new project coming up, is someone off on holiday soon that you might be able to provide some cover for.
· Look for opportunities that involve other teams in your place of work and start to volunteer for some activities to broaden your awareness and knowledge of the organisation.
· If you work for a large company see if you can talk confidentially to your HR support person about how you are feeling and get their thoughts on what you might do.
· Think about rekindling hobbies and interests outside of work that give you satisfaction and that you enjoy.
· Consider talking to a career coach so that when circumstances do change you have a plan in place ready to take action.
I hope this article was of interest, learn more about my Take A Pause service.