Belinda Coaten – Who Am I?
I’m a career coach and mindfulness teacher. I’ve worked with thousands of people across the UK who have received their P45 or are waiting for it. My work involves helping people gain clarity on their next steps, successfully dealing with change, learning how to best tackle the job market, as well as learning how to present yourself confidently and authentically.
I left my proper job in HR and Learning in 2001 and set up my own business. This focused on the transferable skills that I had from the corporate world, career coaching and training. I subsequently trained as an image consultant and added this to the mix.
I’ve always been good at planning and yet in 2011 I literally stumbled across mindfulness in a magazine article, my father had recently died suddenly and I so decided to give it a try. First on an introductory level, then a further course. The stumbling continued when I was offered the chance to train as a teacher, and then a hat trick stumble of becoming an Eating Mindfully teacher.
Today I use my mindfulness teaching and combine this with my career coaching. This has really added another dimension to my business. I can focus on the what…working with people to put in place some processes that will help them in their career and the how…mindfulness offers the opportunity to uncover this. It’s a potent mix!
On The Personal Side
I am also a wife, owner of 2 delinquent Labradors and lover of second hand clothes. I am friendly, kind and have a natural curiosity, I especially enjoy the range and diversity of people I work with.
Professionally I hold the following certificates and qualifications:-
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Level A & B British Psychological Society (inc Myers Briggs)
- Mindfulness Teacher, (qualification in line with the training requirements of the UK network guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers).
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- InCoach Programme, which is aligned to The International Coach Federation competencies and recognised by the Association for Coaching.
- Mindfulness One-to-One Certificate
- First Impressions Qualified Image Consultant
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy Counselling Skills & Theory Certificate
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner
- Qualification in Advice & Guidance to meet public sector standards
- M-B EAT Teacher (Mindfulness Based Eating Assistance Training)