Belinda Coaten – Who Am I?
I left my proper job in HR and Learning in 2001 and set up my own business. This focused on the transferable skills that I had from the corporate world, coaching and training. I subsequently trained as an image consultant and added this to the mix.
I’ve always been good at planning and yet in 2011 I literally stumbled across mindfulness in a magazine article, my father had died suddenly and I so decided to give it a try. First on an introductory level, then a further course. The stumbling continued when I was offered the chance to train as a teacher, and then a hat trick stumble of becoming an Eating Mindfully teacher.
Today I use my mindfulness teaching and combine this with my coaching. This has really added another dimension to my business. I can focus on the what…working with people to put in place some processes that will help them in their career and the how…mindfulness offers the opportunity to uncover this. It’s a potent mix!
On The Personal Side
I am also a wife, carer, dog owner and lover of second hand clothes. I am friendly, kind and have a natural curiosity, I especially enjoy the range and diversity of people I work with.
Professionally I hold the following certificates and qualifications:-
- Senior Practitioner Coach, EMCC
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Level A & B British Psychological Society (inc Myers Briggs)
- Mindfulness Teacher, (qualification in line with the training requirements of the UK network guidelines for Mindfulness Teachers).
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- InCoach Programme, which is aligned to The International Coach Federation competencies and recognised by the Association for Coaching.
- Mindfulness One-to-One Certificate
- First Impressions Qualified Image Consultant
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy Counselling Skills & Theory Certificate
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner
- Qualification in Advice & Guidance to meet public sector standards
- M-B EAT Teacher (Mindfulness Based Eating Assistance Training)